Counseling Institute of Texas Receives Grant Monies
Counseling Institute of Texas has received funding to provide counseling to individuals and families who have been impacted by COVID-19. Monies received from United Way of Metropolitan Dallas helps fund sessions for individuals and families who have suffered any of the following:
- Parent(s) lost job due to COVID-19
- Parent had to leave job due to staying home with children
- Student is having stress and anxiety over loss of friends and school
- Individual is having stress and anxiety of shelter in place
- Family needs help getting along – too much “togetherness”
- Someone in family has COVID-19 and is unable to work
Our business office is currently open from 10am – 4pm Monday – Saturday to help you find a program that fits your needs. Sessions are held via Tele-Mental Health between 9am – 8pm (7:00 being the last appointment).
In addition to our two COVID grants we have:
Family Tree – Provides 10 sessions for students under 17 and their families Free of Charge. This program is for short term issues and has a few restrictions. Please call our offices to schedule. No income restrictions.
Insurance: Blue Cross/Blue Shield (call to see if your plan qualifies) Medicaid – CIT accepts Amerigroup and Parkland
CDBG: Funding to assist with counseling for Garland resident students and their families. Qualifying paperwork needed. Please call the office to get the requirements. Provides 10 sessions.
Sliding Scale: Staff has a sliding scale of $60 and up (fee will include service charge)
University Practicum Students have a sliding scale of $15 and up (fee will include service charge)